IIITM-K is set up as a premier institute with a strong postgraduate school that offers Masters and Ph.D. programs. IIITM-K aims to be a multidisciplinary premier postgraduate institute conforming to the needs of building capacity at advanced levels of Informatics and IT enabled Community Services and Empowerment Systems for meeting the emerging requirements of knowledge driven economy and society. The areas of focus will be in developing and applying IT in the Social Sector and for furthering Science and Technology. IIITM-K’s offerings focus in the following four interdisciplinary areas. Postgraduate and doctoral programmes are conducted through the respective Schools established in the Institute. With a view to take positive steps towards establishing leadership in the fast growing Information Technology field, Govt. of Kerala decided in the year 2000 to set up the Indian Institute of Information Technology and Management-Kerala (IIITM-K).
IIITM-K offers Postgraduate programmes , giving emphasis in Basic Sciences, Information Technology and Engineering. The admission will be based on all India Entrance Examination, followed with an interview. IIITM-K conducts the following courses
- M. Phil Computer Science (M.Phil CS)
- M.Phil programme in Eco-Informatics (M.Phil EI)
- Master of Science in Computer Science with specialization in Data Analytics
- Master of Science in Computer Science with specialization in Cyber Security
- Master of Science in Computer Science with specialization in Machine Intelligence
- Master of Science in Computer Science with specialization in Geospatial Analytics
- Master of Science in Information Technology (M.Sc IT)
- Post Graduate Diploma in E-Governance (PGDeG)
- M.Sc in Computational Science (MSc.CS)
- M.Sc in Geo Informatics (MSc. GIS)
- M.Sc in Computer Science and Information Security (MSc.CS&IS)
Postgraduate Admissions (Open) AY 2017-18
All the Masters programme is recognized by Cochin University of Science and Technology (CUSAT) [www.cusat.ac.in.] and Postgraduate Diploma courses by Directorate of Technical Education, Govt. of Kerala [www.dtekerala.gov.in/].
IIITM-K offers Ph.D programmes and also conducts high end research in Computer Science, IT and Management, Computational Science that has resulted into a number of national and international publications and establishing state-of-the art lab also. IIITM-K is also an implementing agency for software development for Government departments using latest technology that highlighted IIITM-K into a good track record in the field of Educational Technology, Agri-informatics, Eco-Informatics, Geo-informatics, e-Governance projects etc.Last Updated on Friday, 24 March 2017 18:33