B. Krishnamurthy (BKM)
Founder and CEO, BKMS, Coimbatore
M. Sc.(Madurai), M. Tech (Indian Institute of Science, Bangalore), PG Dip In Management (AIMA - Delhi)
- Has over 33 years of experience in Public Sector (Indian Telephone Industries, Bangalore), Government (Centre for development of Telematics, Bangalore) and Private (Wipro Technologies, Hyderabad) and Non-profit (Centre for Organization Development, Hyderabad) organizations. Was a Global Vice President managing the High Technology vertical at the time of leaving Wipro in May 2010.
- Took up to executive coaching, leadership development and corporate training due to his passion and set up Best Known Methods and Solutions Private Limited (BKMS) at Coimbatore.
- Currently Involved with these activities - around India covering Corporates and State Governments.
- Executive Coaching
- Management Consulting
- Leadership Development
- E-Governance Trainings
- Visiting Faculty at IIITM-K, Thiruvananthapuram and IIM-Indore.
- Actively involved with entrepreneurs in guiding and mentoring start-ups and social enterprises.
Specific Achievements / accomplishments:
- Recipient of “Hindu Hitachi Scholarship” (1988) – got trained for around 7 months in the factories of Hitachi, Japan on electronics manufacturing techniques.
- Was an Associate Research fellow in Carnigie Mellon University on Technology Transfer – a project funded by United Nations Development Fund (UNDP) in 1994.
- Was part of the “Think Tank” of Govt of AP, during 2001-2003 – and contributed to the formation and deployment of Jawahar Knowledge Centres (JKC) – to increase the job-readiness of graduating students of engineering.
- Was awarded the “IT professional of the Year” awared by Hyderabad management Association in 2008 for the contributions made to development of IT sector in AP.
- Is an invited speaker from several fora and he has published papers in National Conferences
- Is known for and has the strength in starting something from scratch or managing a crisis and turn around connected with organizations where he worked.
- He is a Director of Strategy at Vyoma Linguistic Labs Foundation – a Section 25 Company founded in Bangalore, promoting Sanskrit learning using technology.
Professional affiliations / Memberships:
- Fellow of the Institute of Directors (F.IOD), New Delhi.
- Member of Institute of Management Consultants of India (IMCI), Mumbai.
- Life Member of Coimbatore Management Association
- Charter Member of The Indus Entrepreneurs (TiE), Coimbatore Chapter.
- Member of the Glasstap™ Limited, a Trainers forum, UK.
- CMT Member of World Business Executive Coaches, UK.