Dr. Joseph Suresh Paul (Alias J.S.Paul)
B.Tech. (Hons.), M.Tech (IIT Madras), Ph.D. (IIT Madras)
Areas of Interest
MR Imaging , Acquisition, Novel Sequences, Medical Image Processing, MRI Simulation, Medical Signal Processing
Previous Employment and Academic Positions Held
Engineer Trainee, Indian Telephone Industries Bangalore, Transmission R&D, 1987-1990
Asst Exec. Engineer, Indian Telephone Industries Bangalore, Transmission R&D, 1992-1995
Post Doctoral Fellow, Purdue School of Engg, 1999-2000
Post Doctoral Fellow, Johns Hopkins University, 2000-2002
Asst. Professor, National University of Singapore, 2002-2004
Image Analyst, MRI Unit, National Society for Epilepsy, Chalfont St.Peter, UK, 2004-2005
fMRI Scientist, Wellcome Trust for Neuro Imaging, University College London, 2005-2006
Associate Scientist, UC Irvine, 2006-2007
Lecturer, Graduate School of Biomedical Engg, UNSW, Sydney, 2007- Dec 20 2010
Soft Computing, Digital Image Processing, Principles of Programming
Research Convener and Coordinator for International Collaboration
External Project Students Co-ordinator, Chairman of Curriculum Revision Committee
- A.P.Krishnan; A.Joy; J.S Paul. Improved image reconstruction of low-resolution multichannel phase contrast angiography. J. Med. Imag. 3 (1), 014001 (January 22, 2016); doi:10.1117/1.JMI.3.1.014001
- JS. Paul , UKS.Pillai, A Higher dimensional homodyne filter for phase sensitive partial Fourier reconstruction of MRI, Magnetic Resonance Imaging. (2015).
- J. S. Paul , J. J.Mathew, C.Kesavadas , MR image enhancement using an extended neighborhood filter, . J. Vis. Commun. Image Representation. 25 :1604-1615 (2014).
- J. S. Paul, M. Prasad, R. Venkatesan and M. Braun, "Magnetic Resonance Scan Time Reduction using Echo Prediction", Int. J. of Imaging Syst. and Technology, vol 23, no.1, pp. 1-8, 2013.
- J. S. Paul, U. K. S. Pillai , "Application of Linear Prediction for Phase and Magnitude Correction in Partially acquired MRI", ISRN Biomedical Imaging, http://dx.doi.org/10.1155/2013/826508
- J. S. Paul and U. K. S. Pillai, "Causal Echo Model Based Restoration of Localized Features in Partially Acquired MRI", Journal of Medical Imaging and Health Informatics (under review)
- U. K. S. Pillai, S. Sreekantan, and J. S. Paul, "A Bi-directional Homodyne Filter for Partial Fourier Reconstruction in MRI", Journal of Biomedical Engineering Society of India (under review)
- J. S. Paul, U. K. S. Pillai, U. B. Krishnamurthy, C. Kesavadas, J. Neelavalli and E. M. Haacke, "A combined tissue and venous contrast enhancement filter for SWI", IEEE Transactions on Medical Imaging (under review)
- U. K. S. Pillai , N. Thomas, C. Kesavadas, and J. S. Paul, "Image reconstruction for rapid imaging using sparsely sampled radial acquisition in MRI", National Conference on Pattern Analysis and Applied Intelligence, 2013.
- Souparnika N. K., D. S. Jacob, J. J. Mathew, and J. S. Paul, "A region growing approach using a connected tree path search algorithm", National Conference on Pattern Analysis and Applied Intelligence, 2013.
- U. K. S. Pillai, C. Kesavadas , and J. S. Paul, "Partial Fourier Reconstruction Using Subspace Projection", National Conference on Computer Vision, Pattern Recognition, Image Processing and Graphics 2013(accepted).
- J. S. Paul, U. K. S. Pillai, U. B. Krishnamurthy, C. Kesavadas and J. Neelavalli, "Venous Contrast Filtering for Partially Acquired High Resolution SWI", ISMRM 2014 (under review)