Dr ELIZABETH SHERLY
Indian Institute of Information Technology and Management- Kerala (IIITM-K)
Tel: +91-471-2527567 2700777
Dr. E Sherly is currently working as Professor of Indian Institute of Information Technology and management-Kerala (IIITM-K), a Kerala Government organization in Technopark, Trivanrum, Kerala. She is also the former Director i/c of IIITM-K. Having 20 years of experience in Education and Research in CS/IT, her major research work involves in Pattern recognition and Data mining using Soft computing. Ph.D in Computer Science from University of Kerala in Artificial Neural Networks in Biological Control Systems, now actively pursuing research in the areas of Mammogram analysis using Soft Computing and Image Processing, Sequence Analysis in DNA/Protein, Computational Linguistics and Object Modeling Technologies etc.. Guiding about a dozen of Ph.D students, her other areas of interest are Cloud computing and Technology Enhanced Educational Technologies. She has been serving the Executive Board Member and Technical/Expert member of several Government and Central Government bodies and Editorial Board member of several International and national Journals. Acclaimed with several awards and fellowships, which include EURECA (UK) fellowship, Rational Certified ( India) Trainer, one among 7 scientists in India for e-Science Grid Group(London) etc.. She is the Chief Investigator of two prestigious DIT sponsored projects of TDIL (Technology Development in Indian Languages), and several other Kerala Government projects of e-Governance. She is actively working on promoting elearning system with a pedagogy model of Technology Enhanced Learning and Teaching with Multimedia support, and virtual learning and its methodologies to the Educational Community.
- Received eWorldForum 2011 Best Jury Award for the project” Cloud Computing Initiative” sponsored by MHRD, DIT and Media Labs
- Received the fellowship European Research and Education Collaboration with Asia (EURECA) and Selected as Visiting Researcher of University of York, UK
- Awarded the title of Rational Practitioner and Certified Trainer on Object Oriented Analysis and Design stream for Rational Software Corporation (India) Pvt Ltd. with effect from Sept 2001.
- Chief coordinator for establishing IIITM-K as SUN Regional centre of excellence for E-Learning and IIITM-K joined on elite group of four universities worldwide
- Co-chair the session on Distributed Computing at International Conference on Parallel and Distributed Technologies and Applications (PDCAT 05) at Singapore.
- One among 7 Scientists in INDIA, to set up National GRID set up at Indian Institute of Technology, New Delhi with e-Science group of ICENI, LONDON, , Feb 2004.
- Expert Committee Member, AICTE Appellate and Hearing Committee, Govt of India
- Technical Committee Member, Kerala State Financial Enterprises, GoK
- Director Board Member, Governing and executive Board, Kerala IT Mission, Government of Kerala
- Director Board Member, Planning and Implementation, Technopark, Kerala, Software IT Park
- Director Board Member, Free and Open Source Software(FOSS), Govt of Kerala
- Director Board member, Governing and Executive Board, Institute of Management in Government-IMG-Kerala
- Subject Expert of Technical Committee for project Evaluation KSCSTE, Govt of Kerala, Trivandrum
- Technical Committee Member, Department of Computational Linguistics, Univ. of Kerala
- As an Academic Committee member of Marthoma Church Educational Society, key instrumental person for the Winner of the first Centre of Excellence in Computer Literacy Award in National and State Level, to St. Thomas Schools, instituted by Ministry of Information technology, India for the best implementation of Computer Literacy in Schools.
Recent Publications List (Last 5 years)
- Priya R, Chitra M T and Elizabeth Sherly, Categorisation of Social Networks based on Multiplicity Constraints IJCSI International Journal of Computer Science Issues, Vol. 9, Issue 2, No 2, March 2012, 533-537
- Jisha P Jayan, Elizabeth Sherly Malayalam Tamil Sampark, Proc. Of 24th Kerala Congress, 29-31 Jan 2012, RRII, Kottayam, pp 437-439
- Sangeetha S. Nair, Shaji D.S., Elizebeth Sherly, An Architecture For Application Level Performance Management in Cloud Computing , International Conference EMICS12, Maria College, TN. Feb 2012
- Rajeev R R, Jisha P Jayan, Elizabeth Sherly, Tagging Malayalam Text with Parts of Speech - TnT and SVM Tagger Comparison Proc. of Int. Conf. On Advances in Computer Science 2010,pp 204-209
- Elizabeth Sherly, Md. Meraj Uddin, Technology Enhanced Learning Model for Quality Education in TECH- EDUCATION 2010 and Communications in Computer and Information Science, Springer-Verlag, Volume 73, 446-451, 2010
- Shanker K P S, Turner A, Sherly E and Austin J, Sequential Data Mining using Correlation Matrix Memory, Networking and Information Technology (ICNT), IEEE Xplore Issue 11-12 June 2010, pages 470-472
- Shanker K P S, Austin J, Sherly E,” An Algorithm for Alignment free Sequence Comparison using Logical Match” Computer and Automation Engineering (ICCAE) IEEE Xplore issue 26-28 Feb 2010 pages 536-538
- Rajeev R.R, Jisha P Jayan, and Elizabeth Sherly, ” Parts of Speech Tagger for Malayalam”, IJCSIT International Journal of Computer Science and Information Technology, Vol 2, No.2, December 2009, pp 209-213
- Rajeev R R, Rajendran N, Elizabeth Sherly Morph Analyser for Malayalam Language-Suffix Stripping Based
- Approach Dravidian Studies, a quarterly research journal, Vol V -VI, Nos3-4;1-2 pages 61-72 Oct 2008
- Rajeev R R, Elizabeth Sherly, An Affix Stripping based Morph Analyser for Malayalam Language, Proceedings of 20th Kerala Science Congress, p 482-484, 28- 31 Jan 2008
- ELizabeth Sherly, Sanil Shanker K P, ” A Fuzzy Inference Scheme for SNP Identification”, Second IAPR International workshop on Pattern Recognition in Bioinformatics(Short paper) Singapore, 1-2 October 2007.
- Elizabeth Sherly, Sanil Shanker K P, Storage Method: An Exact Pattern Matching Algorithm for Nucleotide Sequences Proceedings of 19th Kerala Science Congress, p 918-920 Cannanore 29-31 Jan 2007.
- Director(i/c), Indian Institute of Information Technology and Management-Kerala, A Kerala Government Autonomous Institution, Nila, Technopark, Trivandrum, June 2009 onwards
- Professor, Indian Institute of Information Technology and Management-Kerala, Nila, Technopark, Trivandrum, May 2011 onwards
- Associate Professor & Faculty, Indian Institute of Information Technology and Management-Kerala, Nila, Technopark, Trivandrum, March 2001 onwards
- Project Manager, US Technology Resources(Head Quarters: California),Technopark, Trivandrum, 1999-2000
- Head of Faculty, Winsoft Systems Pvt Ltd., Trivanrum, Kerala 1997 - 1999
- Sr. Lecturer, Marthoma College of Science and Technology, Ayur, Trivandrum, 1995- 1997
- Research Assistant, Department of Computer Science, University of Kerala, Trivandrum, 1987-1990
Recent Professional Activities
Recent journal Editorial activities: Patron-International Journal on Security n Computer Networks and Distributed Systems (SNDS'12), Patron- World Congress on ICT (WICT2012), Editorial Board-International Conference on Advances in Computing and Communications (ACC 2011), First International workshop on Cloud Computing: Architecture, Algorithms, and Applications (cloudComp2011), Technical Chair- International Journal of Knowledge and Learning (IJKL), InderScience
Recent Projects/ Research Grants
- Principal investigator, Indian Language Corpus Initiative(ILCI), a consortia project of TDIL group of DIT, Govt. of India -grant - 65 lakhs
- Principal Investigator, Indian Language Machine Translation (ILMT), a consortia project of TDIL group of DIT, Govt. of India – 60 lakhs
- Programme Coordinator, Kerala Education Grid Project, Higher Education Dept, GoK-Grant – 6 crores
- Principal Investigator, Cloud Computing Testbed for Kerala for State Data Centre 2009-11 -grant -17 lakhs
- Principal Investigator, Research in Localization and Adoption of Open standards in e-Governance, Planning Board, GoK - -50 lakhs
- Principal Investigator, Centre for Innovation and Technology Incubation at IIITM-K – 100 lakhs
- Web based e-Learning and online Certification programmes , Planning Board, GoK ,10 lakhs
- Founder and Chief Investigator, Virtual resource center for language computing, Department of IT, Government of Kerala Rs 40 lakhs. IIITM-Kerala, 2011-2012
Countries Visited : Los Angeles-US, London-UK, Singapore, Kualalumpur- Malaysia
Last Updated on Wednesday, 25 March 2015 15:17